* Measles outbreak traced to Disneyland. Over 26 people from four states contracted measles during December.
* Disney Vacation Club is now selling points to the newest DVC property, “Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.” Sale of points is open now for DVC members and opens to non-members on 2/9/15. The price is $160 per point with annual dues of $6.02 per point. The resort will open on 4/1/15. Contracts are good through 1/31/66.
* Removal of the Sorcerer’s Hat at Disney’s Hollywood Studios began on 1/7/15.
* Epcot International Food and Wine Festival dates were announced and will be September 25 through November 16.
* The Walt Disney World Marathon was ran last weekend. The 2016 event will be on January 10. Registration begins on April 28, 2015.
* The area formerly known as Condor Flats in Disney’s California Adventure will be re-opened this summer under the new name of Grizzly Peak Airfield.
* There will be a sneak peak of Disney’s “Cinderella” at the ABC Sound Studio at Disney’s Hollywood Studio from 1/17 through 3/21. It opens in theaters nationwide on 3/13.
* The premiere of the “Jungle Book” movie has been pushed back to 2016.
* The opening of the “Avatar 2” movie has been pushed back to 2017.