You cannot go wrong with any of the WDW deluxe or DVC resorts. We each have different ideas of what will help make the perfect vacation. Here is a guide to help you choose which resort will make this perfect vacation easier to achieve. Follow the outline to find the right resort for you.
What is the most Most Important Factor that the resort can offer?
A. Proximity to the resorts: If you plan on spending most of your time at a particular resort, then this is very important (Magic Kingdom for the kids, Epcot for the “Food and Wine” or “Flower and Garden” festivals).
1. Magic Kingdom
a. Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower. This is the nearest resort. You can ride the monorail, or you can
easily walk the half mile. It is the only resort from which you can walk directly to Magic Kingdom.
b. Grand Floridian. Easy access to MK from monorail. Great ambience.
c. Polynesian. Also on the monorail. Island food and atmosphere.
2. Epcot. Epcot can be reached by walking 1/3 mile on foot to the International Gateway; or by the friendships from
the Epcot resorts.
a. Low-Key/more relaxed
i. Beach Club
ii. Yacht Club
b. More activities
3. Hollywood Studios. Any of the Epcot resorts have DHS access via the friendships or on foot.
a. Boardwalk. It is about a half mile walk to DHS along the waterway.
b. Beach Club/Yacht Club. Approximately 1 mile walk.
4. Animal Kingdom can only be reached by bus from any resort.
B. Best Theme/ Atmosphere
1. Animal Kingdom takes you to Africa with views of the savannah (including giraffes, zebras, etc.) Rooms are like sleeping in a tent while on safari. The lobby with art and artifacts is amazing. Many of the staff are African.
2. Wilderness Lodge transports you from Florida to the Western mountains. It’s like a slice of Yellowstone.
3. Grand Floridian is the closest most of us will get to staying on “Main Street U.S.A.” The jazz musicians at night
tip it over the top.
C. Resort activities. If you are looking for a more “traditional” vacation with shopping, golf, and spa treatments.
1. Saratoga Springs. “Senses” is one of the two best spas on WDW property. Lake Buena Vista Golf Course is located
here.* You can walk to Downtown Disney for shopping and night life.
D. Access to your car. This can be important if you plan on driving to other resorts or to the parks, or even to other places in the Orlando area. Disney transport can take up to hour to get you from one resort to another for dinner reservations.
1, Old Key West allows parking near your room and the easiest car access.
* all resorts offer taxi vouchers to and from any of the WDW golf courses.
I hope this helps.