* Disney has purchased the Carousel Inn, located directly across Harbor Blvd. from Disneyland in Anaheim. At present, Disney is reporting that current management will continue to operate the motel and that they yet have any long-term plans.
* Disney’s Hollywood Studios is currently running a pre-order test for Backlot Express and concessions for Fantasmic. Orders can be placed through May 12 by downloading a free app called “Express Order.”
* WDW Disability Access Service card is now digital and available on the Magicband. Guest services can sync them up for you.
* Harambe Market in Animal Kingdom opens in late May.
* The Exotic Driving Experience at Walt Disney Speedway will remain closed indefinitely. It is already scheduled to close for good in August.
* Tokyo Disney Resort has announced the themes for it’s park expansion. In Fantasyland, there will be “Beauty and the Beast” and “Alice in Wonderland” themed areas. A new DisneySea area will be Scandinavian for a “Frozen” theme.
* “Free Dining” is being offered to guest arriving at WDW resorts staying for 3-14 days with a minimum 2 day park pass during the following days: 8/28 – 9/2, 9/25 – 9/31, 11/8 – 11/19, and 12/15 – 12/21. Reservations must be booked by 7/10. Value resort guests will get the Quick Service Plan. Moderate and Deluxe resort guests will get the Standard Dining Plan.
* DVC’s Boardwalk Villas are currently being renovated. Check out DVCnews.com for photos and full story.
* Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has officially opened.
* Disney Cruise Line Chef Patrick Albert, the executive chef of Remy restaurant on the Disney Dream and Fantasy, has been named a Master Chef of France.
* Disney Visa card holders can save up to 30% on their vacation to Aulani in Ko Olina, Hawaii, by booking with their Disney Visa cards if booked before 10/26/15 for 4 or more nights from 8/16 – 12/21.
* “Avengers: Age of Ultron” opens today!!! It has rated a 74% on Rotten Tomatoes.
* Disney Junior has renewed “Miles From Tomorrowland” for a second season.
* Disney and Hulu have signed a deal to make Disney shows available on Hulu.