With Memorial Day behind, the next “major” holiday, Father’s Day, is fast approaching on June 21…. I know, even Hallmark has been unable to generate much excitement for Father’s Day. That said, we dads do appreciate any acknowledgement,..and gifts. Don’t forget the gifts!
So with no further ado, here is your Father’s Day gift guide for a Disney Dad. We will stick with the obvious, because most of us dads will be glad to get just about anything. Let’s talk about Men’s Fashion. Like many men, I have no “style,” but I do have “a style.” We typically wear khaki shorts or jeans, a polo or t-shirt, and oftentimes a cap. About the most bold statement made from our clothes is our team color (red) and logo (UofL/Go Cards!!). So, in general, for clothing, sticking with the basics and avoiding anything too flashy or over the top is a good idea.
1. Shirts – Most of you know your dad’s taste. If your gift is something that he will wear at home and not just at WDW or Disneyland, then it will be much more appreciated. Again, for most of us, nothing too wild. Simple designs with basic colors usually work best. There are great selections at your local Disney Store or there is still time to order from DisneyStore.com. Target has Marvel and Star Wars shirts. Stick with t-shirts and polos. These are usually cheaper and will get more wear.
2. Swim trunks – Summer is here. If your dad likes the pool, lake, or ocean, then this would work well. I recommend something discreet and tasteful like these.
3. Caps – A lot of us, especially those who are or are becoming follicularly challenged really like caps. Be careful, though, because most of us are particular about the “style” of cap: baseball, trucker, flat-bill, golf, etc. These are hard to order online. Get a good look and feel of you dad’s favorite cap(s), go in person, and pick out one of the same style. If in question, then it is best to choose something else.
4. Watches – I absolutely love my Mickey Mouse watch! I wear it every day. I get compliments on it frequently from children and adults. Most dads will love a watch and will not feel weird wearing it. Classic colors (black, brown, tan) and materials (leather, cloth) work best. Just avoid wild bands. It does not have to be expensive either. DisneyStore.com has a good selection. Target has Marvel watches.
5. Mugs – Mugs are an excellent, and inexpensive choice. I don’t drink coffee, but I love mugs for my hot tea. I use several; so, a new one is never a bad thing. Some people, like our accountant, place Disney mugs on display in their office. The Disney Store currently has some good options including Pooh Bear and “Inside Out” mugs. DisneyStore.com has great options, too. If you will be at WDW or Disneyland prior to Father’s Day, then the new Starbuck’s Disney commemorative mugs are a sure fire hit. **TIP** Buy 2 mugs; one for each of his 2 favorite parks. Give him the mug of his second favorite on Father’s Day. He will like it, but it will leave him wanting the one from his favorite park. Stash the other mug away until Christmas or his birthday and then give it to him. You have scored twice!
Don’t forget your dads on Father’s Day this year. Your Disney dad will be thrilled with one of the above options. I hope this helps.
If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them. Please leave a comment.
Pongo: Working father and Disneyphile.