* Zuri’s Sweets Shop in Harambe Market at Animal Kingdom opened this week.
* Starbucks Animal Kingdom mugs are now on sale at the newly opened Starbucks Creature Comforts on Discovery Island in Animal Kingdom.
* Frozen Summer Fun began this week at Hollywood Studios.
* Magic Slider time pieces will soon go on sale as accessories for MagicBands at WDW: a Minnie Mouse analog watch and another with a digital display. They slide onto your MagicBand and turn it into a watch.
* Disneyland Paris has now banned selfie sticks, too.
* ‘Inside Out‘, Pixar‘s new animated movie opens today! It has received a 98% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes! (++editorial below++)
* Hans Solo had a wife. Who knew?
* Season 2 of “Daredevil” on Netflix will feature the popular comic character The Punisher.
* A new Disney radio station, Radio Disney Country, will start broadcasting this fall. Woo-Doggies!
* Dreamfinder and Figment will return in “Figment 2,” an all new comic series coming this Fall.
***We are attempting again to redo our website this weekend. Our new name will be Family Travel Escapades (familytravelescapades.com). We will try to switch each of you over with us. *****
++Editorial: I am really looking forward to seeing Inside Out! I have heard over and over about how original it is. I am really not convinced, though. “Herman’s Head,” a show from the early ’90s that I and about 6 other people watched for 3 years on the fledgeling Fox network had the exact same premise. I liked the show. I think that Pixar will do an even better job with the concept, but I would not call talking, anthropomorphized emotions original.++