* Duke Energy is going to build a solar farm in Orlando, Florida, near WDW, in the shape of a Mickey head.
* Magic Kingdom‘s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will feature a new show in front of Cinderella Castle this fall called the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular,” hosted by the Sanderson sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus.”
* Disneyland has released new Made With Magic merchandise for it’s Diamond Celebration including a new Mickey ears hat with the Diamond Celebration pattern on it and a paintbrush with light up functions.
* Epcot will soon be offering a new tour called ‘World Showcase Destinations Discovered.” It will be a 5 hour walking tour through and backstage at the World Showcase pavilions. It will include a lunch and a cultural demonstration. The cost will be $109 dollars per person. (Ouch!!)
* The Harambe Marketplace at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has now opened.
* Guests to Animal Kingdom can now see several new baby animals including sable antelope and white rhinos.
* This fall, to help celebrate it’s 10th anniversary, Raglan Road restaurant in Disney Springs at WDW will host a Raglan Road Master Chef Contest.
* Disney is working on building robots that walk and move like cartoon characters for the parks.
* The Walt Disney Company announced this week that it will be expanding the use of the MagicBands technology in WDW. What this means was not announced.
* DVC resorts will soon be updating their laundry rooms with new “high tech” laundry equipment as well a mobile website to check on washer/dryer availability.
* The Drew Brees Passing Academy is returning to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at WDW this summer featuring other NFL stars and 20 or more prep football teams from around the country.
* For a “nominal fee” ($35 per adult to be exact), DVC members can view the Magic Kingdom‘s Independence Day eve fireworks display from the convention center Port Cochere of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The “DVC Independence Day Dessert Party” will include an delectable array of desserts, a cash bar and performances by the Dapper Dans and the Dixieland Band.
* The Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise will sailing to Alaska this year. Check members services for details.
* “Teen Beach 2” is to be released on DVD on June 26.
* “Tomorrowland” brings in a lackluster $40 million on it’s opening weekend.