July 10, 2015: Disney Weekly News Roundup
* Disneyland has promised to invest $1 billion dollars on the California parks after the Anaheim City Council approved a 30 year extension of tax wavers.
* Registration for Disney Princess Half Marathon at WDW (February 21,2016) begins on July 14, 2015.
* WDW has removed a banner from the American Experience at Epcot displaying the Confederate battle flag.
* The Bill Cosby bronze bust in the Hall of Fame in front of The Great Movie Ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was removed due to ongoing accusations from numerous women against him.
* 2015 Candlelight Processional Dining Packages can now be booked at 407-WDW-DINE or Disneworld.com/holidays.
* The Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort will close for refurbishments from August 23 – September 4.
* Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members will enjoy a free event at Typhoon Lagoon, “Neighborhood Beach Blast,” on 4 evenings this summer from 9:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.: Thursday, July 23 (register July 8-16); Tuesday, July 28 (register July 10 – 21); Tuesday, August 4 (register July 15 – 28); Tuesday, August 11 (register July 17 – August 4).
* Tea Traders Cafe’ by Joffrey’s is now open at WDW Downtown Disney/Disney Springs.
* Blaze Fast-Fire Pizza has announced it’s upcoming opening in WDW Disney Springs in May 2016.
* Disney Cruise Line has been named the #1 Mega-Ship Ocean Cruise for Families by Travel + Leisure readers for the 7th time.
* Disney Cruise Line was also named the Top Mega-Ship Ocean Cruise Line overall for the second straight year.
* A Hans Solo Movie spin-off from Star Wars has been confirmed by Disney.
* A live-action Prince Charming Movie is said to be in the works by Disney.
Subscribe to Family Travel Escapades and receive the Disney Weekly News Roundup, Disney and family travel articles directly to your email. Follow us also on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook. – Pongo (dad).